Business stepping up: From profit to purpose
Many businesses are stepping up to a new role, often with partners, to tackle social and economic challenges. Corporations are seeking to build legitimacy – and the license to operate – in the eyes of demanding consumers, employees and stakeholders who care about the impact and motivations of companies with whom they associate. But it’s also good business as companies realize mutual benefits with society. Look for more businesses redefining their corporate purpose in this way.
The key theme: “License to operate”
Pretty interesting video with the CEOs of UPS and US Postal Service - which are really fierce competitors - collaborating to save costs and energy, together. Made me think!
Branson thinks of one of his favorite sayings when advising about taking business risks: “‘The brave may not live forever—but the cautious do not live at all!’
Love that quote:))
Source: Business Insider
The future of Marketing and Advertising is ATTRACTION. MAGNETISM. VALUES. Not interruption. See http://www.slideshare.net/gleonhard/the-future-of-business-20-solomo-action-items
- The future of Business: 20 SoLoMo action items (slideshare.net)
- The purpose of futurism is to disturb the present (futuristgerd.com)
- Future of Mobile & Apps: Futurist Keynote Speaker Gerd… (thefuturesagency.com)
- Futurist and Keynote speaker Gerd Leonhard at EcoSummit 2012 in… (futuristgerd.com)
- Personal Branding in the Digital Age: Futurist, Author and Keynote Speake Gerd Leonhard (audio podcast) (gerdleonhard.typepad.com)
- Businesses to enter a new era of decentralisation (says Ricoh study, and I agree) (mediafuturist.com)
- The Future Impact of Social Networking - Tom Standage (stoweboyd.com)