Here is a list of some of the key differences between EGOsystems (such as ‘the old’ Microsoft, Apple, Universal Studios, all major record labels, Disney, UBS and most other major banks and financial institutions) and ECOsystems (such as Google, Youtube, Facebook, Amazon, Local Motors, AirBnB etc)… more links, videos, images and http://gerd.fm/egotoeco (Google search)
- From Egosystem to Ecosystem the future of business, culture,… (futureof.biz)
- TeleMedia Futures: Keynote Speaker and Futurist Gerd Leonhard Talk at Total Telecom London 2011 (gerdleonhard.typepad.com)
- futuristgerd: For years, Facebook users have known they “might… (thefuturesagency.com)
- futuristgerd: (via MediaFuturist: PDFs and resources from… (thefuturesagency.com)
- gerdfuturist: futuristgerd: (via MediaFuturist: New video: the… (thefuturesagency.com)
The metrics of success are totally different–it’s not about clicks and lead generation. Facebook is focused on ads being very integrated into the experience. As Facebook rolls out conversion tracking and other ad products, it will be more attractive.
YouTube users upload 48 hours of video, Facebook users share 684,478 pieces of content, Instagram users share 3,600 new photos, and Tumblr sees 27,778 new posts published.
Fluid transaction models - Gerd Leonhard’s future of business keynote explores new paradigms. In today’s digitally dominated markets, the movement and sharing of information is fluid for consumers; it is defined as organic, harmonious, smooth, easy, wanted and social—which is why companies like Facebook, Amazon and Google will continue to dominate. This fluidity is making it easier for people to connect and share the information they want. Friction, as a business model which is characterized by tedious transactions, rules and regulations, is dead.
- Fluid Transaction Models - Gerd Leonhard’s Future of Business Keynote Explores New Paradigms (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Watch this: Keynote Speaker and Futurist Gerd Leonhard on Shaping the Networked Society - a quick overview (futuristgerd.com)